Friday, March 18, 2011

Green Arizona

People always assume that Arizona consists of nothing but sandy dunes, like I just walked out of the Aladdin movie selling genie lamps or something. Well, you know what? We've got green plants! And today I'm here to set this straight. In honor of St. Patrick's Day, I present to you the green in desert land (drum roll please)...GREEN CACTUS!


Convinced that Arizona isn't a barren land yet? Ok, fine...these cacti aren't a very strong argument. But aren't they cool looking anyway?!



These just scream "TOUCH ME TOUCH ME I'M SO FUZZY!" And I had to learn the hard way that they are NOT. Deceiving little devils.

Of course there are cute ones too. Ain't they just so adorable?



I'm breaking the rules here--something yellow, heaven forbid. But these little fruits/flowers that grow on top of some of the cacti resemble pineapples, don't they?



Hope you all had a lovely St. Patrick's Day!

1 comment:

  1. sharrrr these are gorgeous! the coloring and white balance are so nice. i also love your play with the focus

    ReplyDelete